Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Amigo Plaza's 2010 Ilonggo Short Film Competition
2010 Ilonggo Short Film Competition GUIDELINES:
1. The 2010 ILONGGO SHORT FILM COMPETITION is presented by Amigo Plaza Mall in cooperation with ABS-CBN (Iloilo) and is organized by TMX in association with the film & video expertise of the Faculty of the Asia Pacific College (School of Multimedia Arts).
2. The contest is open to a group of students and/or organization (minimum of three and maximum of 15 in a group) and must represent a school and/or company.
3. Only Narrative Shorts will be accepted. Animated and/or experimental works will only be accepted if they are infused in a narrative work. Purely experimental works (such as abstractions, non-linear, etc.), documentary videos and animated optics without a story will NOT be accepted. Since
4. Running time is set to a minimum of five (5) minutes to a maximum of fifteen (15) minutes only including opening and closing credits. Short films that do not conform to this rule shall not be accepted.
5. Submission format will be DVD only. Any other video format will NOT be accepted.
6. No specific themes will be provided for this competition but filmmakers are encouraged to tackle any Ilonggo theme, lifestyle and/or culture in very creative ways.
7. Submissions must be in Hiligaynon with English subtitles otherwise the work will NOT be accepted.
8. Works shall be judged according to the technical elements of film & video, highly-regarding film & video as creative mediums.
9. Prizes include: Best Short Film (P10,000.00 for the filmmaker/s plus a 21” color TV for the school/company it represents); 2nd Prize (P5,000.00 for the filmmaker/s); 3rd Prize (P3,000 for the filmmaker/s); Two (2) Runners-up (P1,500.00 each); Highest Receipt Votes (P1,500.00); Audience Award (Certificate).
10. Highest Receipt Votes shall be determined per submitted receipts. One (1) vote for every P100 worth of receipts from the period August 1, 2010 to September 29, 2010 from mall tenants only and from stores within the Amigo Plaza Mall.
11. Audience Award shall be determined by the actual votes from those who have attended the short film screenings.
12. The competition shall be judged by five (5) selected filmmakers to comprise the Board of Jury. For professional and technical considerations, the selection of the Board of Jury, the film selections and the judging processes shall be coordinated and moderated by the Film & Video Faculty of the Asia Pacific College (School of Multimedia Arts) in Makati City. TMX and Amigo Plaza Mall will not participate in the judging process and shall only take care of the “Highest Receipt Votes” and the “Audience Award” tally.
13. Deadline of submission of entries is on September 25, 2010. After the set deadline, TMX and Amigo Plaza Mall shall mail all DVD entries to the Asia Pacific College (School of Multimedia Arts) for the judging process.
14. Results shall be sent by the Asia Pacific College to TMX and Amigo Plaza Mall via snail mail and e-mail.
15. Decisions made by the Board of Jury are final and are not subject to appeal. No protests of any kind shall be accommodated.
16. The Board of Jury may reward special jury prizes to worthy entries and winners of these special awards will take home Jury Certificates signed by them.
17. First degree up to the third degree of consanguinity relatives of TMX employees and Amigo Plaza Mall employees are disqualified from joining this competition.
18. Registration period will be on August 1, 2010 to August 21, 2010. Submission of entries is on September 25, 2010. Awarding Ceremony is on October 8, 2010.
For more details you may contact Amigo Plaza Mall at (033)508-6736.
2010 Ilonggo Short Film Competition Contact persons: Gigi Sy and Hannilyn Delfin.