Thursday, November 05, 2009

Ian McKellen has good vibes to share for The Hobbit

It seems like Ian McKellen, who we expect will return to his gray robes for the role of Gandalf once again, has read The Hobbit script, and is very excited about it. But as he said in an interview with scifiwire.com, "I'm sworn to secrecy. I'm not to say anything at all about the script."

McKellen continues to share his positive thoughts on Guillermo Del Toro's involvement. He said that he and Jackson speak the same language. "They are the same person," he said. "They were separated at birth. They're twins. They have the same attitude. Neither likes working in Hollywood. They're both fascinated by fantasy and violence on the screen, and gore, and things that frighten you. They like going into the psyche. They're both brilliant storytellers in very much the same way. And I think the script, because I have read it, plays very much to Guillermo's strengths, as I've seen them. I have seen his other movies, and people act very well in them. So I think it's all fine. And Peter will always be there."
(You can read the full article from Scifiwire.com here)

Some of you film junkies may take note that both Del Toro's and Jackson's histories do have a resembling pattern, both had come from quirky groundbreaking horror roots and transcended to very visionary, very imaginative fantasy. I personally have been optimistic of Del Toro's involvement with The Hobbit up from the start.

No comments: